<-Back to WTN Archives
Rumours of His Holiness Visiting Ku-bum Baseless (TibetNet)
3. Rumours of His Holiness Visiting Ku-bum Baseless (TibetNet)
17 July 2006
Dharamshala: The office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama has dismissed the widespread rumours of His Holiness the Dalai Lama being on a visit to the Ku-bum Monastery in Amdo province as baseless.
The Tibetan service of Radio Free Asia last Friday reported that the rumours have triggered an exodus of faithful from across Tibet towards the Ku-bum Monastery, where already a large mass of people have assembled.
"[Rumours on] His Holiness the Dalai Lama's visit to Beijing and Ku-bum, etc, is baseless. His Holiness is very much here in Dharamshala, at his residence," the joint secretary of Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama has said.
"In fact, his physician has suggested His Holiness to take rest," added Tenzin Takla, in an official communication sent today.
Earlier, in an interview to the RFA last Saturday, the secretary of the exile Security Department has said that His Holiness has no plans to undertake such a visit for the time being.
In his 10 March statement this year, His Holiness had expressed his wish to visit China on a pilgrimage and "we are waiting for a positive response from the Chinese side," the spokesperson of the Tibetan administration in exile, Thubten Samphel, told TibetNet.
Articles in this Issue:
- Robust Tibetan Language Checked Cultural Dilution (TibetNet)
- Woes of a Wounded Wanderer (TibetNet)
- Rumours of His Holiness Visiting Ku-bum Baseless (TibetNet)
- New Term of Kalon Tripa Begins 15 August (TibetNet)
- Modernization of Tibet (CNN)
- China-Tibet: Railroad to perdition (IHT)
- Train to Lhasa (BS)
- Tibet Rides the Rails (Newsweek)
- Trade through Nathu La at a standstill (Hindu)
Other articles this month -
WTN Index -
Mail the WTN-Editors